Position: Scheduling Assistant
Job Status: Full-Time
Location: 4140 Sheridan Drive, Suite 5, Williamsville, NY 14221 (Not remote work)
The Scheduling Assistant is expected to perform a variety of duties in connection to daily business operations.
- Reflect the Company's core values of treating others with dignity and respect
- Assist in answering incoming calls in a friendly, professional and knowledgeable manner
- Assist in client and CAREGiver scheduling tasks
- Enter and maintain accurate client and CAREGiver activity records in the software system
- Follow up and communicate CAREGiver and client issues to the appropriate party to ensure problems are resolved
- Recognize and capture opportunities to increase service hours in scenarios to enhance and/or increase quality care
- Maintain regular attendance at the office to execute job responsibilities
- Demonstrate open and effective communication with the franchise owner, colleagues, CAREGivers, clients and family members.
- Adhere to all Company policies, procedures and business ethics codes
- Participate as needed in all CAREGiver meetings
- Assist with introductions of CAREGivers to clients
- Assist with the coverage of client care through performing shifts when needed
- Perform any and all other functions and responsibilities deemed necessary
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the senior care industry
- Must be able to have engaging conversations using active listening skills
- Must have an understanding of and uphold the policies and procedures established by HJBW Enterprises, LLC, (d.b.a. an independently owned and operated Home Instead franchise)
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to listen effectively
- Must have the ability to work as part of a team
- Must maintain strict confidentiality of information and meet deadlines
- Must demonstrate effective interpersonal skills as well as sound judgment and good decision-making skills
- Must demonstrate discretion, integrity and fair-mindedness consistent with company standards, practices, policies and procedures
- Must have the ability to organize and prioritize daily, quarterly, monthly and yearly work
- Must have the ability to establish good working relationships with the franchise owner, office colleagues, clients and CAREGivers
- Must have the ability to sit at a desk and listen effectively for long periods of time on the telephone
- Must present a professional appearance and demeanor
- Must have the ability to operate office equipment
- Must be patient and congenial on the telephone
- Must have computer skills and exposure to Microsoft Office software
- Must have the availability to work evenings and weekends as required
- Must have the ability to perform duties in a professional office setting
- Minimum of Associates Degree completion
- One year of related business experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be compliant with New York State Motor Vehicle laws and must follow the Policy that pertains to Driver’s License requirements as a condition of employment
- Complete a pre-employment criminal background check, DMV check, drug screen, 3 professional and 1 personal reference checks
Visit the careers page by clicking here. Please include a resume and cover letter. To learn more about us, visit our website at HomeInstead.com/575
*SPECIAL NOTE* Due to COVID-19, walk-ins WILL NOT be accepted. Thank you for your cooperation.
HJBW Enterprises, LLC, an independently owned and operated Home Instead office, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that this is the job board for the franchise office located at 4140 Sheridan Drive, Suite 5, Williamsville, NY 14221. Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated. To find a franchise near you, please visit the Careers page.
For job related questions please call the franchise office at (716) 630-0657. If you have any technical problems with this site please call 385-425-2195 for technical assistance.